About This Project

My Aunt Carol (Giampa) was a life long cook and the holder of my family's culinary traditions. When she passed, her recipe collection came to me. Having learned many of my cooking skills from her and forging traditions of my own, I am honored and challenged to explore the many recipes of her mother and aunts that never made it into my repertoire. Many of these recipes are desserts. This project is an attempt to both memorialize Aunt Carol (or Jumpy as she was known to most others) and explore/test/review these old family recipes. Join me?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's official

I suck at baking. Sigh. Since the Galliano is being ordered and not available until this weekend, and the weather was perfect for a comforting baked treat, I decided to skip ahead to another recipe, which I'll post later this evening (after dinner, which I can make with no troubles at all.)

Maybe by the time we get through the stack I'll be a decent baker. Let's not place any bets yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment