About This Project

My Aunt Carol (Giampa) was a life long cook and the holder of my family's culinary traditions. When she passed, her recipe collection came to me. Having learned many of my cooking skills from her and forging traditions of my own, I am honored and challenged to explore the many recipes of her mother and aunts that never made it into my repertoire. Many of these recipes are desserts. This project is an attempt to both memorialize Aunt Carol (or Jumpy as she was known to most others) and explore/test/review these old family recipes. Join me?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Harvey, the review


This cake is astounding. It's no secret, it's out there on the internet, and it's the epitome of easy-bake style. I love this cake. A box of cake mix and a box of pudding will never do you wrong. Add some liquor and the bright and sunny 60s palette with the bundt pan and the cherries: glorious.
I had to make myself give it away, sending half to work with Mander and taking about a quarter to friends. Everyone who's tried it LOVES it. I wonder if it's the liquor!


No comments:

Post a Comment